Tralac SheGovernsTrade 2021 Program for Young African Women (Training, Mentoring and Professional Skills)
Overall program objective
Capacitate and empower especially young women policymakers as they contribute to enhancing trade governance in
Specific program objectives
• Increase trade technical skills
• Increase leadership and professional skills
Core Principles of the program
• Mainstreaming women in trade governance
• Peer learning
We aim to empower women in trade policy and governance roles, without creating any divided spaces. We support
inclusive policy-making and governance processes.
We also encourage participants in this program to take part in other tralac training and events alongside the specific
activities in the SheGovernsTrade Development Program. The program will be offered digitally.
While tralac will offer trade technical and professional development training as part of this program, the real
expertise, experience and learning will come from peers in the group. The program will actively support peer
learning and engagement to achieve its objectives. This means each participant must be willing to share their
experiences, and to engage with other participants.
20 Participants will be selected for the 2021 program.
Initial training week: 12 – 16 April 2021
• Programme orientation, introductions, agreeing common purpose
• Trade technical training
• Professional development (professional communication – oral and written)
Ongoing digital program (details to follow)
• Developing a mentoring relationship
• Trade technical webinar series: current issues on Africa’s trade agenda; trade data, tariff and policy analysis
• Professional skills: blog writing
• Trade technical: online video content, reading, online tasks
Applicants working in a trade-related capacity in a national government or related agency, regional or continental
organization, are eligible. Preference will be given to those 35 years old or younger.
- Please send your cv (with details of your current position and trade-related work) to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject
line: SheGovernsTrade Application).
- Please send a one-minute video (recorded on your mobile phone) introducing yourself and providing a
motivation for your participation in the program, to +27724152440.
Applications close: 25 March 2021. Selected participants will be informed: 7 April 2021.
Start Selling your Made In Africa products in AfCFTA Register Here
Join our WhatsApp Group Click Here Now
Follow us on Twitter here.
Subscribe to our newsletter